Our August Bread Pan Offering will support Lake Louise Christian Community, a camp that was started as a camp and retreat community for Christians from both Michigan conferences of the United Methodist Church. As a welcoming community for all Christians and anyone curious about Christianity, this camp community currently serves through a variety of youth camps, a retreat center for youth, families, adults, men’s or women’s groups, etc., and facilities to host larger events. Aside from attending events at Lake Louise Camp, members from our church often serve at Lake
Louise by volunteering their skills to maintain and improve the camp conditions for future campers. Current members of our congregation, the Carr family, also serve for a camp week for youth at Lake Louise entitled “As You Are” camp. Lake Louise camp holds a very special place in the life of our congregation, making it a very special Bread Pan Offering opportunity! Please keep an eye out in the Focus, announcements or weekly news for further ways to connect to Lake Louise Christian Community in the future through camps, retreats, or service opportunities
Church Vision Statement: To be a grace-filled community aflame with God’s love for the world.
Church Mission Statement: To make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Values: Love, Compassion, Grace, Justice, Faithfulness
Outreach Committee Objectives:
- To provide or create opportunities for people to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
- To facilitate or initiate developing relationships that allow for sharing our Lord’s love and grace.
- To encourage spiritual growth in all that we do.
- To evaluate all activities in relation to our church vision.
- To involve more of the congregation in relationship development and spiritual growth.
- To develop programs and mission opportunities that encourage growth.
- To communicate all activities and opportunities to the congregation.
- To work for sustainable leadership in all projects.