Justice For Our Neighbors (JFON)
JFON Invites to Join Us in Nationwide Prayer Vigil READ MORE
Justice For Our Neighbors is a faith based ministry of The United Methodist Church. It is supported by UMCOR (United Methodist on Relief).
JFON provide services to immigrants who are confronting the legal system of the United States. More than 1500 clients have been served in the past eight years.
- JFON rescued immigrant women and their children from abusive relationships by preparing “Violence Against Women Act” applications
- JFON combated human trafficking and helped immigrant victims of crime
- JFON supported unaccompanied minor children and orphans by representing them in court and making multiple filings to complete their Special Immigrant Juvenile applications;
- JFON prepared green card applications for 99 reset-tled refugees through a new multi-agency collaboration
- JFON prepared 57 applications for US Citizenship
- JFON advocates for immigrants on issues of social justice and works to make our communities more welcoming to all immigrants by speaking at community and church events.
How does JFON Work? Watch The Video
JFON was started by the General Board of Church and Society in 1999.
JFON is funded by various donation streams. It is important note that the Holland FUMC portion includes both FUMC Holland and Grand Rapids First UMC. FUMC Holland’s contribution to JFON comes from individual donors and one voluntary Bread Pan Offer-ng. No significant funding comes from our general operating budget. Only $125.00 per year is directed to JFON through our Outreach budget – this covers the cost of copies and printing at Holland clinics.
A break-down of JFON’s income source can be seen in the chart
Learn More about JFON Click Links