During this season of COVID-19, we are currently not meeting in person and will being doing so once we reach Phase 5 in the state of Michigan. Please read our Relaunch Plan at this link to learn more. Currently, we gather virtually for worship every Sunday at 8:30AM and 10:45AM at firstumcholland.online.church. The information below gives you an idea of what to expect once we are able to gather in person again.
What Is The Style Of Worship?
Each service is similar in structure but different in content. At all three of the services you will experience Bible readings, music, singing, and a topical message from one of the clergy. Each of our worship services if 40-50 minutes long. Our 8:30AM service is a traditional worship format during which our organ is played. The 10:45AM service is contemporary in delivery and includes many different types of music. The praise band plays every week. Reservations are not required (if needed there is an overflow space).
What should I Expect Inside?
Please enter the building at Entrance A. Once there you will be welcomed by ushers standing just inside the door. Hospitality Hosts can be found in the lobby of the sanctuary wearing purple lanyard's that say "How May I Help You?" They are friendly people who are ready to answer any questions you may have during your time with us.
What Should I wear?
Be comfortable. Be yourself. Some come dressed up and some are more casual. It is all up to you.
What About Children?
Simply put - kids are a welcome and joyful part of worship! We like their energy and yes, we like it when they squeal with joy, too. During in person worship, kids attend with their families. Here's what's available to help:
- Clean beach towels for kids to sit on.
- White boards with white board crayons for kids age 3 and up. (Boards are sanitized after each use and used crayons are discarded).
- A gated area is available if you think it would help keep toddlers/preschoolers close.
- The Early Childhood Center (M112) is open if you need to take a break, nurse a baby or change a diaper.
- Home lessons and digital resources are also available. Sunday evenings CAFE (Children And Families Engage) meets outside at 6:00PM. For more info. click here.
Where Should I Park?
Parking is available in our lot between 9th and 10th streets west of the building, at the City of Holland parking garage on 9th street, and parking is available on the street on 10th.
What is a United Methodist?
First United Methodist Church in Holland is a local church affiliated with the United Methodist Church. We encourage you to learn more about our denomination here.