United Methodist Women
The largest organization for women in The United Methodist Church.
Holland First has a very active group.
The UMW will be coordinating meals to be brought to people in time of crisis. If you would like to participate in this mission please call Pat Barrett at 399-4354 or email BARRETTL@SBCGLOBAL.NET.
The February service group is Joy Circle. Meals in Time of Need: Shalom and Faith
- 2, Executive Board meeting at 6:30 p.m.
- 8, Hope Circle Meeting –Noon for Lunch in the Lounge
- 9, Shalom (10 a.m.), Joy Circle (1 p.m.), Faith (7 p.m.) Meetings In the Lounge
In other news
We wish to thank the congregation for all of your support in 2016 for the projects in which we earned money for God’s Kingdom in Holland, USA, and all around the World. With you help, prayers, and financial support, many felt God’s Love and Grace. We are truly blessed !
Be sure to read the upcoming March Focus. We will begin our pigs-in-the-blanket workshops.
Also, put March 24th on your calendars. We have a special program planned for the Family Event, 7:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall
UMW has given our 2016 Giving Report to the following missions: Children Advocacy Center, Community Kitch-en, Community Action House, Grand Rapids Community House, Clark Ret. Comm.–Benevolent fund, Lake Louise Camp – cabin building, Holland Community Health Cen-ter, Holland Hospital School Nurse Program, Holland Free Health Clinic, JFON/Intersection Ministries, O.A.R., Benjamin’s Hope, Nestlings Diaper Bank, Escape Ministries, His Harvest Stand, Kids Food Basket, My House Ministry, Grand Rapids Community House, Pas-tor’s Discretionary Fund, Henderson Settlement, Advance G.C.F.A. (missionaries), PET Holland MI, UMCOR – Disaster Relief.
Our total year end giving is over $25,000.
Thank you for the support helping raise these funds !!!!
Save the date:
The 2017 Bazaar will be Friday, November 10. As always, lots of crafts and people will be needed. When you get your new calendar, make sure it’s on it!!
United Methodist Women is turning faith, hope and love into action on behalf of women, children and youth around the world. Membership in UMW is open to every woman. This organization provides an opportunity for women of all ages to come together for friendship, fellowship and mission work. UMW is a community of women whose goal is to learn more about social issues facing women and children in our community and globally.
There are several UMW Circles in which to participate and those meet either the second Wednesday or Thursday of each month during the day. The newest Circle, Faith, meets the second Thursday of the month in the lounge at 7:00 PM. Faith Circle’s next meeting is January 12. We welcome new members to join us to learn more about UMW and how you can make a difference.
- We are still collecting the aluminum can tabs for Grand Rapids Community House which is owned by UMW and serves a mission for people in their area. All of those little tabs add up to thousands of dollars for missions when all the churches in the West Michigan Conference collect and turn them into GRCH.
- The Henderson Settlement in Kentucky which is a Methodist Mission, is still collecting the small coupon found on all the Campbell products. They have actually been able to buy vans from collecting from churches around the country. The boxes are now located in the East hall near the custodian room. That same corner also receives the Styrofoam, cell phones, and the bags for PET. Keep saving the tabs, Campbell coupons and recycling.